300 g roma tomato
½ small white onion
1 clove garlic
1 small green chilli
salt, to taste
1 cup vegetable oil
8 corn tortillas
- Place the tomato, onion, garlic and chilli in a blender jug and puree until smooth.
- Heat a 25 cm fry pan to a medium heat and add two tablespoons of the oil. Fry the sauce for 3-4 minutes or until it begins to thicken, add salt to taste then reserve.
- Heat the remaining oil in a 30 cm frypan to a medium heat, then fry the tortillas until crispy. Drain on paper towelling then repeat until all are cooked.
- Drain all but 2 two tablespoons of oil into a heat proof bowl, the use the pan to fry the eggs on a medium heat until the whites are firm but the yolks remain runny.
- To serve, place two fried tortillas on each plate, top each with a fried egg then add the cooked tomato sauce over the whites, leaving the yolks exposed. Serve immediately.