2kg chicken carcass
2 small white onion, halved
4 clove garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
2 bay leaves
12 sprigs thyme (optional)
- In a large pot, cover the chicken carcass with water and wash thoroughly.
- Pour the water off and refill the pot with cold water, covering the bones.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Skim off any fat or impurities, add onion, garlic and aromatics.
- Simmer for two hours, skimming and topping up if need be.
- Strain, leave to cool to room temperature before refrigerating.